It is often said that people don't attract what they want; instead, they attract what they feel.
Let’s ponder on that for a minute. Have you ever wished or wanted something so badly, only to be disappointed once it arrived? The result you received was because you wanted a feeling.
Many people approach manifestation from the perspective of “How can I get something to feel better?”
Instead, your focus should be, “How can I feel better and therefore be an energetic match for attracting more greatness into my life?”
The emphasis must on healing the internal condition, not getting a hot new bag or finding a soulmate.
Attracting or manifesting things is easy. However, attracting because you want to feel a certain way makes the desired outcomes we want—the job, love, money—to end up being not enough, not right, or, worse, not last.
The Law of Attraction is the belief that positive or negative thoughts bring positive or negative experiences into a person's life.
The theory is the idea that people and their opinions are both made from pure energy, and that through the process of “like energy” attracting “like energy,” a person can improve their health, wealth, and personal relationships.
The key here is like attracting like—our negative experiences are a result of negative thoughts or feelings. When things are not going where we want or expected, we have a tendency to blame the outside world.
I spent years running after a goal that always seemed out of reach. At times, I felt like a hamster on a wheel running in place. In a moment of frustration, I came to the realization that I wanted something I did not feel I was ready to have. I was unhappy with my progress because the thing I wanted was not for me.
Once I began to heal, I realized that all the circumstances in my life were manifestations of how I felt on the inside. I would get the job I wanted but didn’t feel deserving or worthy of having the job so never moved forward.
Now, on my journey to being an entrepreneur, it is crucial I am clear about what and who I attract to my business. In general, is it essential to be clear about why we want the things that we want.
In my healing group, “The Process of Being,” I talk about the importance of getting to the root cause of our reactions, our intentions, our wounds to indeed be free. Without this clarity, we are likely to do things for the wrong reasons.
The thing is, we get that which is in alignment with who we believe we are.
However, not all of our desires are wrong. Desire, in my opinion, is how our soul communicates with us. When we are unaware of ourselves, the desire seems distorted.
That does not mean you are not headed in the right direction. But it is the reason things are not working out as easily as you would like. Herein lies the lesson. We eventually, hopefully, start to see what our soul has known all along.
Our soul’s desires are always present. We don’t always listen because it is usually something that scares us or something we are consciously unwilling to do. However, our soul will still pull you in that direction.
Our souls try their best to get us on the right path even if it means, offering us things, jobs, relationships we may feel are not suited for us in hopes that we learn more about who we are in the imperfection of it all. Our job is to understand the lesson and move on into the manifesting.
Helen Schucman’s “A Course in Miracles” teaches us that we attract everything that happens in our lives. Our thoughts create our realities. Recognizing how your low-level thoughts can negatively affect your life is the first powerful step toward changing your experiences.
Here are some steps to get into alignment while manifesting:
1. Be Honest - what do I want? How do I want to feel? Why don’t I feel able to get this? Once you get clear about the blocks, you can begin to clean them up to clear space for positive manifestations to occur.
2. Feeling - How do I feel today? Every step of the way concern yourself with how you are feeling. Work on how you want to feel.
As negative feeling arises, ask yourself “What is this emotion or fear trying to teach me?
3. Intention - set the intention rather than a goal. If you intend to make changes to how you feel about life instead, your aim or why becomes clear and the steps needed to move closer slowly reveal themselves.
4. Affirm - Find the words that cultivate positive feelings. Start even while you are working through healing negative emotions or thoughts. Simple affirmative sentences can change your entire mood. My go-to affirmation to start the day is “Today will be a great day full of blessing” You would be surprised how well this works in keeping you clear and eventually in a positive place.
5. Grateful - as we start to change our thoughts and work on healing. We begin to notice the positive effects it will start to have on our day-to-day. When this happens please pause and acknowledge the universe support. It is important to be thankful for the positive little steps in the direction of your dreams.
I believe that people are in a permanent state of wanting but never in a state of gratitude. Practice gratitude and witness how the world around you changes.
6. Surrender - when I want something or have a clear vision of what it is I want - I surrender it to the universe. Do you want the thing - or do you like the idea? Just work on feeling good and happy. The world will take care of the rest.
7. Believe - you deserve all the world has to offer. You have to believe it is true. As you get clear and work on your limiting beliefs (negative emotions) holding on to the notion that you can and will have what your heart desires - it will go along way.